URIAGE Depiderm Intensive Depigmenting Skin Care Review (for acne scars)


Before we get to the  review, let me briefly tell you about my acne journey so that you can  understand things better. I have managed to permanently get rid of acne with the help of my dermatologist, using Accutane (click here for details and Q&A). I've had mild but persistent acne but now after a 5-month course of the drug I've been  clear for over 8 months. Though when I say "clear" I  just mean no more  pimples, but my skin is still far from perfect. I have brownish purple marks across my cheeks and on my chin that are really "ruining" my face. It's either because of my skin type/ethnicity or because I just used to pick at my pimples, but it seems that every whitehead would leave a tiny spot behind no matter what.





Fortunately though, acne marks are much easier to deal with than acne itself, and the good news is, even a thin layer of my favorite BB Cream does an amazing job at covering up most of these hideous spots.

Still, I needed a  radical and permanent solution, so after months of experimentation with different facial masks and creams etc, I decided to go back to that same dermatologist to seek advice.
After examining my skin, he told me that this can be easily handled.

So, yeah, I got my prescription for DEPIDERM INTENSIVE DEPIGMENTING SKIN CARE and a  moisturizer, and you don't really need perscription  for these products.


I've been using it for a month now. I apply Depiderm every night before bed although the  leaflet says to apply morning and evening but my doctor thought that would be too harsh on my skin. In the morning I wash my face and apply a thin layer of the moisturizer  to sooth the skin and prevent any possible irritation.

DEPIDERM INTENSIVE DEPIGMENTING SKIN CARE contains AHA and BHA, which are  mild chemical peels, along with few other ingredients. It claims to lighten or reduce brown spots and from my experience, it does. Very slowly though.

If you think you're going to see dramatic overnight results, or at least during the first two weeks, then this is definitely not for you.
The product does work. But it takes at least one month till you start seeing a significant improvement. It also varies from one person to another. I'm always exposed to the sun and my scars are quite old and stubborn. So I think it might work much faster for you depending on the "severity" of your acne marks, skin type, skin care routine etc...

Pros:

  • Does work. Slowly though. 
  • Relatively cheap. You can get it on amazon for about $44 which is a decent price for such a product. 
  • The packaging is awesome and neat. 
  • Doesn't stink.
  • Gets absorbed really quickly. You only need a thin layer though.
  • Didn't irritate my skin. I use a moisturizer anyway.
  • It can be used for  hands and neck as well.
Cons:
  •  A bit slow, or maybe it's just because I have such stubborn scars and a really "bad" skin type.
  • I kind of hate its cream color. LOL But that's not real con.