Royal Black Henna Review

Hello beautiful ladies!
In the last post, I explained everything about Henna, and I also gave a heads up about compound henna brands. So this post will be somewhat ironic, because what I'm going to say somewhat contradicts what I said in the last post. I literally did what I preached against, and I'll be sharing the experience with you :)

So, you all may have seen hair coloring henna brands (mainly Indian brands) on the market, and Royal Henna is one of them. It looks like this:
 




This henna is available is a variety of colors ranging from black to red and brown. As I said in the previous post, this is certainly NOT  100%  Lawsonia Inermis! So what made me use this brand although I knew it was definitely not pure natural henna?

My experience with this product started over 1 year ago. I wanted to dye my hair black without using chemical dyes. I heard about black henna from some friends and I was suspicious about it. Hence, I started doing my research. I found out that the only natural way to dye your hair black is by combining henna and indigo. Unfortunately,  I couldn't find any indigo around here, and the only other alternative was taking chances and trying the only available black henna brand: Royal Henna!
Royal Henna is in fact a mix of pure Lawsonia Inermis and a very high concentration of PPD.

PPD is a dangerous chemical susbtance that is used in some chemical dyes but with a low concentration. Problems with PDD occur after skin contact, and in some rare cases after inhaling it. It causes moderate to severe allergic reactions, but has proved no damage to the hair. You can do some research on that.

Despite all the scary facts about PPD, I gave it a shot.  I bought enough Royal Black Henna and mixed it with water then applied it to my hair and let it sit for about 1 hour. I was so careful and made sure that no henna was on my scalp/skin. I only applied it to hair strands, focusing on hair ends.

After I washed it, my hair was an incredibly awesome jet black color, I was jumping of happiness!
I actually got all the benefits from henna without suffering from any PPD side effects. My hair felt softer, thicker and there was no shedding AT ALL!! Besides, the color is semi-permanent. It's been a year now and it hasn't faded yet. I love it.

I've actually hennaed my hair like 5 times so far, because my hair is growing longer and I need to touch it up every now and them.

Okay, I'm NOT promoting here! All I'm saying, is that this brand can be used to dye hair, provided you be very careful.
It shouldn't penetrate the blood stream! It should only be applied to hair strands. Do not massage it into the scalp or use it on eyebrows or skin.

If Royal Henna is your only choice, you'd rather do patch tests and be very careful when using it.
Still, you'd rather avoid this henna completely and try to find Pure Indigo Powder instead. It's 100% safe and gives even better results.