Hair Removal Methods Comparison: Pros & Cons

Hello sweet ladies. Today, I want to talk about one of thee most sensitive and important subjects that concern us as women: Hair Removal. For some of you out there it might not be that big deal since some people are born with naturally very fine or almost no unwanted hair at all. But for most of us, hirsutism  is a widespread problem. It makes us feel  less confident and less feminine.

Throughout history, women have been resorting to different methods to get rid of unwanted hair on their bodies which were more mostly natural, and then with the advanced technology, science allegedly  helped make this procedure more "effective" and less painful. So here I will try to discuss the most prominent methods, which I've personally tried as well, so this will be mostly based on my personal experience. So let's get Started.

1- Sugaring: This is absolutely the most widespread method here. It's the legacy of my mother and my grandmother and every woman here since ages. In the middle east, women do not trust any other method than the homemade sugar paste that was used thousands  of years ago by ancient Egyptian ladies to keep their skin smooth and hairless. Personally I have to admit their loyalty to this method is very righteous.
Pros: -Inexpensive.
- The paste is 100% natural and can be made at home within 10 minutes.
- Very effective. It takes off the hair from the root which makes the results last much longer than in any other method.
- Soft skin.
- The result can become permanent! After several sugaring sessions you'll first start noticing that your hair is becoming softer, finer and sparser  each time and if you stick to this method for years, you can actually start seeing the hair completely disappear from certain areas of your body because this method actually destroys the hair follicle.
Cons: - To be honest it can be really painful in some areas, and this also depends on how sensitive your skin is, but once you get used to it and master the technique, it becomes much more comfortable.
- Very messy, especially in summer, it melts quickly and getting the right consistency becomes quite tricky.
- It can cause some irritation and even ingrown hairs but this also depends on your skin, and it might go away once your skin gets used to this method.
Bottom line: This is in my opinion the best hair removal method. Great for absolutely any part of your body but you need to be gentle if you're going to use it on your face.

2-Waxing: Very Similar to sugaring with only one difference: It's not natural.

3- Shaving:  My mother has always warned me about this method! She has always been telling me "Never
shave with a razor like a man!". Of course I didn't listen to her at first, but after I tried it, I realized she was right.
Pros: Absolutely none. Maybe it's a quick, and helps with emergencies when you need to go out and wear that outfit but your don't have time to sugar your legs or something.
Cons: - Hair grows back really quickly. It also gets coarser and thicker. The complete opposite of sugaring.
- You can hurt yourself with the razor
- Very irritating and will absolutely cause ingrown hairs.
- The skin will not feel smooth at all. It will be very disturbingly coarse.
- Can only be used on legs, arms..
Bottom line: Definitely the worst method.

4-Threading:
Here's another ancient Egyptian method. Whenever I mention this method to someone, they get startled by how easy and effective it is and also because it's not really known to everyone. I discovered it when I was looking for a natural way to get rid of unwanted facial hair and shape my eyebrows and I'm really thankful I found it. You can look it up on the internet and learn how to use it. It's very simple.
Pros: - Very easy and simple. All you need is a piece of thread.
- Works perfectly for eyebrows and the upper-lip.
- Safe and natural.
- long-lasting results. It removes the hair from the root. Same as sugaring but less painful.
Cons: - Slow, and takes a lot of time and concentration. You will be removing hair by hair.
- A little painful in some areas.
Bottom line: The best method for the face.

So, These were the methods I've tried. There are many other methods such as chemical hair removal creams or laser and I definitely wouldn't try these. Those can be harmful and they are also costly.

Let me know if you want a more detailed post on any of these methods :)